Rent or buy?
This is why in some cases renting a car is cheaper than buying a car
Do you need a car, but despite a normal income, you don’t yet have savings that could be spent on buying a car? You don’t want to waste on depreciation when you buy a new car that could be 50 percent cheaper in a few years? You do not want to spend money on insurance, vehicle tax, maintenance, etc.?
Then maybe you should consider renting a car instead of buying one? Did you know that in some cases (NOT ALL), by renting a car, you can get more benefits than by owning a car. Especially when it comes to buying a car on credit.
Recall that Volvo recently launched a “car by subscription” service, through which you can rent a new Volvo XC60 crossover. Hyundai also plans to launch a similar service in the near future. In addition, you can rent a car by signing a leasing agreement, after which you will return the car back to the leasing company.
And finally, if you do not need a car every day, then the best solution would be to use carsharing.
- When you’re trying to buy the car you’ve been dreaming of, you have to deposit hundreds of thousands or even several million rubles; when you rent a car, you can realize this dream by paying only a small part, and you can freely use the rest of your money
- If you buy a car, you should be aware of the costs of insurance, tires, car maintenance, which may exceed the cost of the car during operation. And when you rent a car, you don’t have to pay for it
- For example, you save yourself the trouble of car maintenance and seasonal tire changes
- You can drive the car of your dreams that you might never have saved or saved for a very long time
- When the vehicle you bought refuses to start due to a dead battery, you try to bring the car back to life in various ways. Everything is easier with a rented car
- You don’t have to wait years to save up for a fresher, bigger car
- When you own a car, you will constantly worry about the paintwork of the body and spend a lot of time choosing parking. By renting a car, you will feel more comfortable
- When you buy a car, you tend to abandon your dreams by doing market research to pick the car that loses the least value
- If your purchased car breaks down or has an accident, you will have to take a taxi or subway home. When you rent a car, you can enjoy a replacement car
- When you buy a car, you need to conclude a contract of sale, buy OSAGO / CASCO, register the car with the traffic police, get numbers. With a rental car, you don’t have to
- When you get bored with your old car or it’s time to change it to a newer one, it’s hard for you to get rid of it. You spend days, weeks, months to sell a car. You can easily give a rented car and take another immediately